Click & Stick Instructions
What you need to install ALL Woodstock Walls products: Click & Stick Installation Bundle
- Caulking gun for ease of use
- Woodstock’s Choice adhesive
- Saw (handsaw or electric)
- Measuring tape
- Hammer or screwdriver (to remove nails or debris from the wall)
Preparing for the wall application
Wood panels must acclimate for a minimum of 72 hours to adapt to current conditions in the room you plan on installing your wall. Place the panels in an area where the air will freely circulate through the planks or put a fan near the wood once it is laid out. After 3 days, begin installing your new wood wall!
Once you’ve gathered all the necessary tools to complete your project, you’re ready to prepare the wall.
- First, make a reference line on the wall using a level. Cut open the adhesive (regular scissors will work) and screw on the tip. Follow the instructions on the package on how to insert the tube of adhesive to your manual or automatic caulking gun.
- Next, remove all outlet plates, screws, nails, or debris that you may find. With your surface prepped, you are now ready to ‘Woodstock’ your walls!
- Finally, add a marked level line with a pencil where you will be starting the new wood wall!
Woodmaster Tip: We highly recommend starting your installation against the base board, at the bottom of the wall, making sure it is level. This will help ensure your panels are perfectly level and allow for a quicker completion by being able to stack & stagger right away!
Woodmaster Tip: If you would like to start in the center of the wall, we recommend starting with the longest panel (Americana Collection) and making the end of the panel flush with the edge of the wall. Starting this way will minimize cutting later on. Get the 1st plank up immediately, while you prep the rest of the wall, the plank will be drying (approx. 30 minutes to set).
How to install wood panels
- Open your package, remove the longest panel, if applicable, from the top of the set.
- Add about 2” of adhesive in the grooves on all four corners (if your panel does not have grooves, follow this step without adding the adhesive in the grooves.). There should be no overspill if you start 1”-2” from the end of the board. For the 3D Slats Collection, add about 5″ of adhesive.
- Add 2” of adhesive in the center of the board (not needed for the 12” and 16” reclaimed wood boards)
- Immediately press the panel firmly along your pre-marked level line.
- If starting at the bottom of the wall, repeat steps 2-4 above until your first row is complete.
- If starting in the center of the wall, your first panel should have set/dried before stacking. It usually takes about 30 minutes.
- Place the next plank above the first plank. With the Americana Collection, remember to stagger your joint lines (offset the ends of the boards) to ensure a stronger reclaimed wood wall application.
- Continue to stack & stagger planks until the intended surface is covered.
Woodmaster Tip: Too much adhesive will take longer to dry and adhere to the wall. Adjust speed of cordless caulking gun (if applicable) to apply less adhesive.
Woodmaster Tip: You have up to 10 minutes after pressing panel against wall to fine tune your plank leveling with your reference line and level.
If you have any questions regarding Woodstock Walls instructions and/or products, email: [email protected] OR call 1 (800) 985-5266.